Sunday, April 22, 2012

About Me


                                           I'm Grace.

I have 2 brothers, and 2 sisters.  I have a biological brother Ian.  I have a sister Tessa. She was adopted from Ethiopia about 2 years ago. We are currently in the process of adopting Yoldine and Vladimy from Haiti.  When we went to visit them, I noticed that the older girls there have to either wear pillowcase dresses or ill-fitting boys' clothes.  People always just say "Oh, pillowcase dresses are easy to make.  Let's send those"  But just making them in bigger sizes doesn't make them fit better.  So I decided to make them better-fitting skirts.  I also want the girls to fit in culturally, because in Haiti, the women only wear skirts.  I also want to raise money for the kids at the orphanage. 

For each skirt I sell, I will also make a skirt for a girl in Haiti.  When I bring the skirts to Haiti, I will try to take pictures of the girls there wearing them so you can see who you are helping.



1 comment:

  1. Good job Grace!! We are super proud of you. You are a wonderful young lady and your brothers and sisters are blessed to have a big sister like you. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete